General Contractor based in San Diego is seeking a Full Time, Shop / Yard Assistant to assist in maintaining a clean, organized and safe working environment within our shop and local yards, and to also assist with various errands and assigned tasks.
Schedule: Monday – Friday (7:00 am to 3:30 pm)
The duties for this position will include and not be limited to the following.
- Manage and organize orders in a computer based system
- Manage material orders
- Assist with forecasting field material needs
- Manage material inventory
- Keeping the shop, yard, storage areas, and parking lot clean and organized
- Run errands or pick up parts for the shop ( driving company vehicle)
- Other duties as assigned
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must have valid Driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- The employee must frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Forklift operating experience, a major plus.
- Must have experience with using computer based applications and Excel
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Class “C” Driver’s License
The following benefits options are available to eligible employees
- Uniforms and PPE provided.
- Standard tools provided
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- 401k (with company contribution match)
- Health Benefits packet includes
- multiple medical and dental plan options
- voluntary vision, life, and AD&D plans