GENERAL CONTRACTOR BASED IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY IS SEEKING A FULL TIME, VAC TRUCK DRIVER/OPERATOR TO SUPPORT THE LAKESIDE, CALIFORNIA OPERATIONS.
The Vac Truck Driver will be Responsible for the safe operation and inspection of all equipment assigned to them, as well as performing tasks related to the care and cleanliness of the equipment whether it be on the jobsite or in the shop.
The basic duties for this position will include and not be limited to the following:
- Operate vacuum excavation equipment mounted to large truck.
- Pothole underground utilities in the field.
- Maintain vehicles and vacuum equipment.
- Empty and maintain vacuum and filters daily.
- Work outdoors in all various weather conditions.
- Safe operation and inspection of all equipment. (Pre-Trip and Post Trip)
- Verify that all loads are properly secured & avoid all spillages.
- Respectful attitude with Clients and co-workers.
- Flexibility to work occasional Saturdays, Holidays.
- Overtime is required.
- Maintain valid commercial driving credentials.
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle rules & Regulations for California.
- Good Communication skills with Dispatcher & Clients at all times.
- Consistent & Dependable in attendance and work practices.
- Ability to use electronic devices to report / communicate with Dispatch.
- Other duties as necessary.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must have valid California Commercial Class “A” or “B” Driver’s License.
- Must have Tanker Endorsement.
- Vac Truck experience preferred, not required.
- 2 Years Driving Experience Required.
- Driving Record must be “Clean” and eligible for driving status with our insurance company.
- Must have current Medical Card.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Variable shifts and overtime, along with possible extended hours.
- Must be willing to join the union.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Must have construction experience.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
$29 to $35 per hour