GENERAL CONTRACTOR BASED IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY IS SEEKING A FULL TIME, STEEL PLATE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN TO REPORT TO THE LAKESIDE, CALIFORNIA DIVISION SHOP MANAGER.
MONDAY – FRIDAY (7:00 AM TO 3:30 PM)
The Steel Plate Maintenance Technician will be Responsible for the preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, servicing, repair and replacement of various types of steel plates used in the construction industry. The selected candidate will also be responsible for various tasks assigned by the Shop Manager as it relates to Shop and Maintenance, Testing and calibration at the various locations used by A.M. Ortega (San Diego).
The basic duties for this position will include and not be limited to the following:
- Providing the following maintenance to steel plates
- Skidguard Coating
- Steel Torch Cutting
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must have valid Driver’s license and a Clean driving record.
- Must have your own tools. (Some “special” tools will be provided for use as the need arises).
- The employee must frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds and Occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Forklift operating experience, a major plus.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Class “C” Driver’s License.