A San Diego based Construction Company with operations throughout Southern California currently has an opening for a Full Time SAFETY MANAGER, in its Lakeside, California Division.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to.
- Oversees the company’s safety program. Trains, educates, and provides resources and solutions to staff; designs safety features and procedures to strategically mitigate risk.
- Keeps all supervisory personnel informed and current on revisions and changes in safety and health laws, rules, regulations, and requirements, including new requirements as published, affecting the Company safety and risk management program and operations.
- Oversee new hire orientation and Veri force training.
- Emphasize employee engagement in a continuous improvement environment.
- Monitors and controls company’s safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations.
- Provide up-to- date information regarding OSHA / CAL-OSHA notices pertaining to the construction industry standards to employees.
- Provide answers to questions regarding Safety & Health coming from the crews or management personnel.
- Enforce policies, evaluate current practices and facilitate compliance with legal guidelines.
- Ensure safety of field personnel and safety of the work site.
- Develop new protocols and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience in HCSS is desired.
- Create cohesive team and build strong relationships with field personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Civil Engineering, Underground Construction, and Paving experience is a plus.
- Strong experience with incident reporting and recordkeeping best practices.
- Ability to lift heavy objects 20-50 lbs. on a regular basis, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Previous supervisor experience required.
- MicroSoft Office proficiency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and approximately 5-8 years of related safety work experience; or a master’s degree and approximately 5 years of related safety work experience. Minimum of 3 years Construction Risk management experience in the capacity of service provider or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous role as a manager of 5+ team members.
$110,000 to $135,000
The following benefits options are available to eligible employees.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- 401K (with company contribution match)
- Health Benefits packet includes.
- Multiple medical and dental plan options
- Voluntary vision, life, and AD&D plans
- Employee Assistance Program