A San Diego based Construction Company with operations throughout Southern California currently has an opening for a Full Time SAFETY ADVISOR, in its Lakeside, California Division.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to;
- Perform job site safety audits, mitigate hazards, conduct risk assessments, and implement controls
- Work directly with job site Foremen, Superintendent, Project Manager, and customer to ensure all safety matters are identified and managed
- Implement process improvements and new safety policies from leading indicator analytics to improve safety culture
- Keeps all supervisory personnel informed and current on revisions and changes with safety and health laws, rules, regulations, and requirements, including new requirements as published, affecting the Company safety and risk management program and operations.
- Conduct fact finding incident investigations along with detailed documentation for root cause analysis
- Conduct safety meetings and safety training sessions as required to stay compliant, which includes new hire safety orientation
- Implement immediate corrective actions and issue safety reprimands
- Emphasize employee engagement and foster a continuous improvement environment.
- Monitors and controls company’s safety standards in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and state regulations.
- Provide up-to- date information regarding FED OSHA / CAL-OSHA notices pertaining to the construction industry standards to employees.
- Provide guidance regarding Safety & Health coming from crew members or management personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to lift heavy objects 20-50 lbs. on a regular basis, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, complete daily activities according to work schedule, provide good customer service to clients, and be a team player.
- Ability to learn safety management system (HCSS)
- Ability to use MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Prior natural gas pipeline experience is a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Certification in Occupational Safety and Health preferred, and approximately 2 years of related safety work experience. Certification in Environmental is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Underground Utilities or related construction industry work or combination of education and experience.