A San Diego based Construction Company with operations throughout Southern California currently has openings for Full Time CIVIL CONSTRUCTION QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER, for its San Diego, California Division to perform various tasks related to the Paving Division.
The duties for this position will include and not be limited to performing physical labor for Civil Construction;
The Civil Construction Quality Control Manger is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the quality of all the civil construction projects. This role involves developing and implementing quality control procedures, conducting inspections, and collaborating with project teams to meet or exceed quality standards. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in all aspects of civil construction and quality control practices. Performs related duties as required.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality control plans for civil construction projects; to include underground construction, wet/dry utilities, structural concrete, grading and paving knowledge.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to ensure compliance with quality standards, project specifications, and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain detailed records of inspections, test results, and non-conformance issues. Generate quality control reports and documentation as needed.
- Review construction plans, specifications and blueprints to ensure they meet quality requirements.
- Participate in project meetings and provide quality-related updates to stakeholders.
- Evaluate and approve suppliers and materials used in civil construction projects, ensuring they meet quality standards.
- Identify areas for process improvement and work with project teams to implement corrective actions and preventive measures.
- Train and educate project staff and contractors on quality control procedures and standards.
- Investigate and address non-conformance issues promptly. Implement corrective and preventive actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Work closely with project managers, contractors and other stakeholders to ensure quality objectives are met.
- Stay up-to-date with industry regulations, codes and standards related to underground construction quality control.
NOTE: The list of essential duties is not intended to be inclusive; there may be other essential duties to particular sites.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field.
- Proven experience in civil construction quality control or similar role.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with cross-function teams.
- Quality control certifications are a plus.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Bilingual, Spanish (preferred).
- Valid Driver’s License with an Insurable Driving record as per the company insurance standards.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree engineering, construction management, or related field.
- 5 – 10 years of quality control experience with civil construction.
$41 to $48 per hour
The following benefits options are available to eligible employees
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- 401K (with company contribution match)
- Health Benefits packet includes
- Multiple medical and dental plan options
- Voluntary vision, life, and AD&D plans
- Employee Assistance Program