PROJECT MANAGER- PIPELINE
A San Diego based construction Company with operations throughout Southern California is currently seeking a full-time, experienced PROJECT MANAGER- PIPELINE to support our Lakeside, California Operations.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to the following.
- Review of RFx instructions & project plan documents
- Reviewing with operations staff
- Preparation work plans and schedules
- Technical and business written deliverables, and pricing sheets
- Manage ongoing work
- Being responsible for project documentation (submittals, RFIs, notices), ongoing client business deliverables (schedules, billing, notices), and official client communication.
- Other duties as assigned
This position is in the Project Manager role in the Estimating department, and promotion or advancement opportunities exist for individuals interested in advancing to a more responsible position over time.
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management within the pipeline industry.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Standard English
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete work in a timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Contributes to building a positive work environment
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 4 Year degree from an accredited college or university & 4 Years Work Experience OR 8 Years Work Experience in a directly related role in this or a similar industry required
- Degree in Business Management, Project Management, Communications, Construction Engineering or Management, or Allied Fields preferred
- Experience working with public utilities in Southern California, especially SDG&E, SCE, SCG, SWG, IID, LADWP, City of Riverside, or City of Long Beach preferred
- Experience with Heavy Construction Software Suite – HeavyBid preferred
- Experience with Heavy Construction Software Suite HeavyJob and Safety preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6 preferred
- Experience with Sage 300/Timberline &/or Sage Paperless preferred
- Experience with Agtek or Autodesk preferred
The following benefits options are available to eligible employees
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- 401K (with company contribution match)
- Health Benefits packet includes
- Multiple medical and dental plan options
- Voluntary vision, life, and AD&D plans
- Employee Assistance Program