PROJECT MANAGER- PIPELINE
A San Diego based construction Company with operations throughout Southern California is currently seeking a full-time, experienced Project Manager- Pipeline to support our Lakeside, California Operations.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to the following.
- Review of RFx instructions & project plan documents
- Quantity takeoff for self-performed and subcontracted work
- Requesting of subcontractor and material quotes
- Selection of vendors
- Entry of relevant information into bid preparation software,
- Reviewing with operations staff
- Preparation of bid documents for submission to the client, including work plans and schedules
- Technical and business written deliverables, and pricing sheets
- Following through on submissions
- Manage ongoing work which is awarded as a result of estimates prepared by that individual.
- Being responsible for project documentation (submittals, RFIs, notices), ongoing client business deliverables (schedules, billing, notices), and official client communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is in the Project Manager role in the Field Gas Operations department, and promotion or advancement opportunities exist for individuals interested in advancing to a more responsible position over time.
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position:
- Demonstrated understanding of project management within the pipeline industry.
- Experience use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete work in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Contributes to building a positive work environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university & 4-years work experience OR 8-years work experience in a directly related role in this or a similar industry required.
- Degree in Business Management, Project Management, or Construction Engineering.
- Experience working with public utilities in Southern California, especially SDG&E, SCE, and/or SCG, preferred.
- Experience with Heavy Construction Software Suite – HeavyBid and Safety preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6 preferred.
- Experience with Sage 300/Timberline &/or Sage Paperless preferred
- Experience with Agtek or Autodesk preferred.
The following benefits options are available to eligible employees:
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time.
- 401K (with company contribution match)
- Health Benefits packet includes:
- Multiple medical and dental plan options
- Voluntary vision, life, and AD&D plans
- Employee Assistance Program