A San Diego based construction company with operations throughout Southern California currently has openings for Full Time BACKHOE OPERATORS in its San Diego, California division to perform various tasks related to the utilities industry.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to performing physical labor for:
- Backhoe Operators
- 410 and 710
- Civil Underground Projects
- Gas Pipeline Projects
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- 3-5 years minimum experience of backhoe operating.
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work.
- Some knowledge of first aid and basic safety rules.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- In union or must be willing to join to the local Labor Union this position is covered under.