A San Diego based construction Company with operations throughout Southern California is currently seeking a full-time, experienced Gas Pipeline Construction Superintendent to support our Lakeside, California Operations.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to the following.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities. Plan and direct construction activities of construction staff as assigned
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to the original plans and specifications.
- Manage all project specific correspondence and documentation; including submittals, change order requests and daily field reports.
- Manage project budget, Project Timeline, Review field purchase orders and provide reporting
- Handle escalated problems with subcontractors
- Walk site to determine construction status and assure quality control. Establishing and maintaining an accurate subcontractor and supplier base.
- Preview and review bids jobs
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office
- Respond and keep customer informed on project progression, daily.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees
- Work evenings, as needed
- Be on call for emergency customer requests, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 5 to 10 years of underground pipeline construction related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to us Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Standard English
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete work in a timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Contributes to building a positive work environment
The following benefits options are available to eligible employees
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- 401K (with company contribution match)
- Health Benefits packet includes
- Multiple medical and dental plan options
- Voluntary vision, life, and AD&D plans
- Employee Assistance Program