A San Diego based Construction Company with operations throughout Southern California currently has opening for Full Time FUSER CONSTRUCTION LABORER, in its Corona, California Division.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to performing physical labor for;
- Construct, install, and maintain piping systems, and equipment for natural gas.
- Join plastic polyethylene piping by means of fusion, electrofusion, or mechanical coupled joints.
- Installation and replacement of existing HDPE gas mains & services.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting.
- Layout of pipe, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Locate existing pipes needing repair or replacement.
- Verify specifications by performing quality assurance tests.
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials, and compact using compaction equipment.
- Work safely around backhoes, excavators, trenchers, and dump trucks, and fusion equipment including heating irons.
- Loan and unload equipment and materials.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Assist equipment operators by hand digging, and locating underground obstructions as needed.
- Work with specialized equipment including line stop machines (Pinchers), tapping machines, fusing machines and other necessary tools.
- Inspect and test pipe systems for leaks.
- Assist the equipment operator to dig trenches to desired or required depths, and proper slopes.
- Maintain documentation per customers’ requirements.
- Assist Construction Laborers with labor duties.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by crew Foreman, or project Superintendent.
- Remove and dispose of waste materials properly
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies.
- Some knowledge of first aid and basic safety rules.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to detect unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Prior natural gas pipeline experience is a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to join to the Labor Union and work for Union wages and pay Union Dues.