A San Diego based Construction Company with operations throughout Southern California currently has openings for Full Time DISTRIBUTION RISER INTEGRITY PROGRAM (DRIP) INSPECTORS, who will perform various tasks related to the Gas Utilities Industry.
If you’re looking for a new career, we are interested in talking to you and encourage you to apply.
After receiving proper training, the duties for this position will include and not limited to performing tasks as listed below;
The duties for this position will include and not limited to performing tasks as listed below;
- Inspection of gas risers at Meter Locations (Residential to Industrial)
- Check for conditions such as corrosion and metal loss
- Recognize and report any AOC’s (Abnormal Operating Conditions)
- Identification and Installation of proper coatings
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to the safety programs.
- As a contractor for Southern California Gas
- Adhere to the Gas Operations Standards guidelines and requirements.
- Communicate regularly with SCG (Southern California Gas) representatives, SCG customers, and the AMO Supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned company vehicle, Job-Sites and working conditions.
- Remove and dispose of waste materials properly
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Previous Gas work a PLUS, but not required.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times
- Must be able to detect gas leaks with your sense of smell and auditory sense (hearing/listening)
- Physical abilities:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Squatting / Kneeling / Bending over frequently.
- Ability to provide customer service issues professionally at all times for our customers
- So. Cal. Gas as well as SCG customers)
- Must excel in fast paced, agile work environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success.
- Communication with A. M. Ortega and So. Cal. Gas. using verbal and non-verbal communication
- Tablets, Cell Phones (via text), voicemail or emails.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Have a good driving record.
- Ability to read and follow navigation systems
- MUST be willing to travel for work. (Locations are mostly local, but can vary based on work necessities).
- Must be self-motivated
- Responsible for the compliance of and implementation of SCG Standards as it relates to the inspection and/or repair of the AL (Anode less) risers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to operate construction tools. (Training provided by A. M. Ortega)
- Have basic math and problem-solving skills.