A San Diego based Construction Company with operations throughout Southern California currently has openings for Full Time CONSTRUCTION LABORER/WELDER, in its Lakeside, California Division.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to performing physical labor for;
- Roadway Construction
- Heavy Construction projects
- Gas Pipeline
- Dig and Pot-Hole Trenches
- Set braces and shoring to support the sides of excavations
- Clean up rubble and debris from our job-sites
- Remove and dispose of waste materials properly
- The operation of a variety of hand and power tools
- Cleanliness and preparation of various job-sites
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- 1-3 years Welding experience (required)
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work.
- Knowledge of first aid and basic safety rules.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Prior natural gas pipeline experience is a plus.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years Welding experience (Required)
- Must be willing to join to the Labor Union and work for Union wages and pay Union Dues.