A San Diego based Construction Company with operations throughout Southern California currently has openings for Full Time CONSTRUCTION LABORERS, in its Corona, California Division.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to performing physical labor for
- Roadway Construction
- Heavy Construction projects
- Gas Pipeline
- Paving Restoration projects
- The operation of a variety of hand and power tools
- Cleanliness and preparation of various job-sites
- Dig and Pot-Hole Trenches
- Set braces and shoring to support the sides of excavations
- Clean up rubble and debris from our job-sites
- Remove and dispose of waste materials properly
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work.
- Some knowledge of first aid and basic safety rules.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Prior natural gas pipeline experience is a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to join to the Labor Union and work for Union wages and pay Union Dues.