A San Diego based Construction Company with operations throughout Southern California currently has openings for Full Time CONCRETE FOREMAN, for its San Diego, California Division to perform various tasks related to the Natural Gas Utilities Industry.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to performing physical labor for;
- Manage all aspects of paving jobs.
- Ability to “run” more than 1 crew at a time.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Working knowledge of all customer Standards.
- Ability to communicate and understand potential change orders and manage their completion in a timely manner.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks on an IPAD as required by company procedure.
- Time keeping, Quality Checklists, Inventory Ordering, etc.
- JSA’s, Safety Meetings and Standard Updates.
- Ability to “Train” new employees to the industry or company.
- Mentor “up and coming” laborers to become future Foreman.
- Ability to recognize safety concerns and exercise proper authority to mitigate risk and proper reporting.
Special Skills or Requirements:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Advanced knowledge of site and right of way concrete work.
- Knowledge of how to set up ADA ramps.
- Must have structural concrete experience.
- Ability to read plans and perform layouts.
- Advanced knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in concrete construction.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of first aid and basic safety rules.
- Must be able to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to utilize “Electronic” devices in the administration of all jobs. (IPAD, Computer)
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Valid Driver’s License with an Insurable Driving record as per the company insurance standards.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 5 years of Concrete experience is required.
- San Diego Gas & Electric experience is a major plus.
- Must be willing to join to the local Labor Union this position is covered under.