A San Diego based Construction Company with operations throughout Southern California currently has openings for Full Time CONCRETE FINISHER/FORM SETTER in Lakeside, California to perform various tasks related to the Utilities Industry.
The duties for this position will include and not limited to performing physical labor for.
- Concrete finishing
- Form Setting
- Paving Restoration projects
- Operation of a variety of hand and power tools
- Curb machine and trowel equipment operating
- Cleanliness and preparation of various jobsites
- Curb and gutter installations
- ADA Ramp installations
- Retaining wall installations
- Sidewalk repairs
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- 3-5 years’ experience doing concrete/paving finishing work.
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work.
- Some knowledge of first aid and basic safety rules.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and project specifications.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to join to the local Labor Union this position is covered under.