The duties for this position will include and not be limited to performing physical labor for.
The main purpose of this role is primarily for cutting through various materials, particularly concrete and asphalt, in a controlled and precise manner. Underground saw cutter plays a crucial role in construction and infrastructure projects that involve cutting and removing materials, ensuring the safety of the workers and the quality of the work.
- Operate specialized cutting equipment to cut through concrete, asphalt, masonry, or other materials.
- Ensure precision and accuracy in cutting to meet project specifications.
- Inspect the worksite to assess the nature of the project and identify any potential hazards.
- Set up barricades, warning signs, and other safety measures to protect workers and the public from potential hazards.
- Perform routine maintenance and inspections on cutting equipment to ensure operates safely and efficiently.
- Collaborate with other team members and construction professionals to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Follow project plans and instructions from foreman and supervisor.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations to prevent accidents and injuries during cutting operations.
- Load and unload equipment and materials.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), such as eye, ear, face protection along with any required safety clothing.
- Follow environmental regulations and guidelines when handling and disposing of materials Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to recognize safety concerns and exercise proper authority to mitigate risk and proper reporting.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
NOTE: The list of essential duties is not intended to be inclusive; there may be other essential duties to particular sites. SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Advanced knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in asphalt.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety principals, methods, practices, and procedures specific to asphalt work.
- Use of PPE’s
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of first aid and basic safety rules.
- Must be able to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to utilize “Electronic” devices in the administration of all jobs. (IPAD, Computer)
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Valid Driver’s License with an Insurable Driving record as per the company insurance standards.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of experience is required.
- Experience with walk behind saw, handsaws, wall saw and core drilling.
- Commitment to doing quality work while putting safety first.
- Ability to maintain awareness working within a traffic control zone.
- Knowledge of underground utilities and locator markings
- Ability to interact with public, supervisors, and coworkers professionally at all times.
- Ability to think clearly no matter the stress or difficulty of your circumstances.
- Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Must be able to drive company truck, clean driving record.
- Must be willing to join to the local Labor Union this position is covered under.
$35 – $45