A.M. Ortega Construction, Inc. is seeking to fill the position of Project Coordinator for the Pipeline Department in our Corona, California Operations. We encourage all candidates who meet the Minimum Qualifications found below and interested in working in a team oriented, fast paced, deadline driven office and field environment. The position may be filled on the Project Specialist or Project Engineer grade, depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. This person will report to the Senior Superintendent.
JOB DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
The selected candidate will support ongoing and complete projects by picking up jobs from the Gas Company Bases and marking each job for USA, then calling in USA tickets to dig alert. This position requires the selected candidate to be very self-motivated and responsible for calling in all inspections on a daily basis to the various City inspection hotlines in which we work with. Along with recording construction activities / productions, preparing and maintaining project schedules. Use of Microsoft Outlook calendars and other scheduling software is a plus. Selected candidate must be aware of all construction safety requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a background in project coordinator, office administration or scheduling in heavy civil, dry utilities, pipeline, or industrial electrical construction. Titles held at previous companies are less important than demonstrated performance of the noted key tasks.
- 2-3 years in construction industry preferably in the Natural Gas Industry.
- Familiar with basic functions of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Standard English
Project Management, Communications, Construction Engineering or Management
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- This is a full-time, regular position.
- Compensation will be based upon experience and qualifications.
- Company vehicle provided to employee for work activities
- Industry leading benefits including;
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- 401 k with Company Match.
- Paid Holidays & Paid Sick Time.
- Paid Vacation
- Training and Professional Development Opportunities
A.M. Ortega is an Equal Opportunity Employer