GENERAL CONTRACTOR BASED IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY IS SEEKING A FULL TIME, SHOP TOOL MECHANIC AND TECHNICIAN TO SUPPORT THE LAKESIDE, CALIFORNIA DIVISION OPERATIONS.
MONDAY – FRIDAY (7:00 AM TO 3:30 PM)
The Tool Mechanic / Technician will be Responsible for the preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, servicing, repair and replacement of various types of equipment and tools used in the construction industry. The selected candidate will also be responsible for various tasks assigned by the Shop Manager as it relates to Shop and Equipment Maintenance, Testing and calibration at the various locations of A.M. Ortega.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The basic duties for this position will include and not be limited to the following:
- Stihl Hedgers
- Various types of Concrete Saws
- “Weed Whackers”
- Gas Powered Generators
- Various Welding Machines
- Viber plates (Used for tamping soil)
- Various sized Jack Hammers
- Various other Hand, Pneumatic and Electric Power tools.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must possess the following special skills and or requirements to be considered for this position.
- Must have valid Driver’s license and a Clean driving record.
- Must have your own tools. (Some “special” tools will be provided for use as required).
- The employee must frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds and Occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Forklift operating experience, a major plus.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Class “C” Driver’s License.
The following benefits options are available to eligible employees
- Uniforms and PPE provided.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- 401k (with company contribution match)
- Health Benefits packet include:
- Variety of Health Insurance Plans
- Dental plan options
- Voluntary Vision
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- AD&D plans