Project Name: Distribution Riser Integrity Program
Job Title: Full Time-Laborer/Technician
Report to: DRIP Project Coordinator
Inspection of gas risers at Meter Locations , from residential to industrial, access conditions for corrosion and metal loss, recognize and report any AOC’s (Abnormal Operating Conditions), as well as installation of proper coatings, and maintaining a safe working environment. As a contractor for Southern California Gas, you will adhere to the Gas Operations Standards guidelines and requirements. The candidate will communicate regularly with SCG representatives, SCG customers, and the AMO Supervisor for the region.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times
- Must be able to detect gas leaks with your sense of smell and auditory sense (hearing/listening)
- Physical abilities: heavy lifting (up to 50lbs), squatting/kneeling/leaning over for long periods of time
- Ability to handle clients (our customer SCG, as well as SCG customers) professionally at all times
- Must excel in fast paced, agile work environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Communication with AMO and SCG, in addition to verbal communication, is achieved though means of technology; example: tablets, cell phones-via text, voicemail or emails.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving history experience, read navigation systems, and MUST be willing to travel for work. Location varies based on need of work.
- An ability to work in a self-motivated environment
- Responsible for the compliance of and implementing of SCG Standards as it relates to the inspection and/or repair of the AL (Anodeless) risers.
Previous gas work experience (a plus, but not required). Good driving record. Organizational skills. An ability to work well in a team environment, or individually.
High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to operate construction tools. (Training provided by AMO)
- Have basic math and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Must have dependable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Must have a good driving record
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be willing to join the union. Pay Monthly/weekly dues as required.